Fairfield ISD Center Named For Former Dogan High School Teachers
Honoring some 85 years of combined service in educating students, Fairfield School Board members named the two gymnasium and field house " The Johnson Activities Center" after long-time educators Edward "Chief" and Lee Earl Johnson. The Johnsons have dedicated their lives to not only the Fairfield school system, but to the community in general.
Mrs. Johnson was born Oct. 27, 1933 to Ardie Earl and Rosie Lee Richard. She graduated from Dogan High School in 1951 as valedictorian of the class, graduated cum laude, and earned a Bachelor of Arts Degree in English and Social Studies from Mary Allen College in Crockett in 1955. Her first teaching job, at $2859 per year, was at Dogan High School. Edward Johnson was born in Fairfield in 1924 to Eugene and Emily Johnson.