THE DOGAN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP was organized on behalf of and at the direction of the entire association membership. Our mission is to provide scholarships and enrichment opportunities in support of exceptional young people’s thirst for knowledge and their desire to make a difference in the world.
Our vision is to develop a powerful network of community leaders, touched by the Alumni Association, whose vision will help shape the world, leaving a lasting legacy for generations to come.
1. Applicant MUST be a descendant of a Dogan Alumnus.
2. Applicant MUST be a graduating high school senior or an undergraduate in College/Institute of higher learning (Technical, Trade or Vocational school).
3. Applicant MUST possess a grade point average of at least 2.5 out of a 4.0 system.
4. Applicant MUST be enrolled in an accredited College or Institute of higher learning (Technical, Trade or Vocational school) located in the United States.
5. All scholarship recipients MUST be full-time students (College students minimum of 12 semester hours / Technical, Trade or Vocational school as outlined by school).
THE DOGAN ALUMNI ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP IS RENEWABLE (limited to one time per applicant)
THE APPLICANT WILL BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
APPLICATION FORM: All information should be attached to the application form upon submission. No additional attachments will be accepted at a later date.
CURRENT OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT OF GRADES (If an official transcript cannot be obtained by due date, an unofficial copy can be submitted pending receipt of the official transcript before funds can be disbursed.)
COPY OF APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION or LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE from a College, University or Technical, Trade or Vocational school. (Not required for returning applicants)
3 LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION: High School graduates MUST submit: one personal reference, one academic reference, and one Dogan reference. Recommendations from relatives are not acceptable. (Not required for returning applicants)
HEAD SHOT PHOTO (FROM THE SHOULDER UP) (Not required for returning applicants)
ALL INFORMATION MUST BE SUBMITTED IN ONE PACKAGE (Note: No separate or additional submissions will be accepted).
-LOCAL APPLICANTS (FAIRFIELD / FREESTONE COUNTY AREA):
ALL APPLICATIONS AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 1ST EACH YEAR.
-OUT OF TOWN APPLICANTS:
ALL APPLICATIONS AND ACCOMPANYING DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 1ST OF EACH YEAR.
-ONLINE SUBMISSION PREFERRED. SUBMIT TO: DOGANAA68@GMAIL.COM.
-IF UNABLE TO SUBMIT EMAIL, APPLICATION MUST BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED BY MAY 1ST FOR LOCAL APPLICANTS OR JUNE 1ST FOR OUT OF TOWN APPLICANTS.
-IF MAILED, PLEASE EMAIL THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE AT DOGANAA68@GMAIL.COM TO INFORM THEM THAT APPLICATION IS IN THE MAIL.